Friends of OPI!
We are back for our last event of the summer with field work at Knott Park. As in the past, PPR staff will be directing operations and lending a hand. We'll have the work completed and you well on your way to make it to the watering hold of your choice to watch the Timbers take on RSL at 5:00. Sound good? Details below.
- When is it? Saturday, September 22. Work begins at 8:30 a.m.
- Where is it? We’ll be at Knott Park which is located at NE 117th Ave and Knott Strreet (map).
- How do I participate? You must sign up on our Eventbrite page (free). We can accomodate up to 50 participants for this event. As usual, you'll be asked to sign the City's liability waiver when you arrive. By volunteering, you also agree to OPI's liability waiver.
- What kind of work will we be doing? If you have been to one of our park events before, expect more of the same. We'll do stuff like spread fresh soil to level out the ruts in the pitch, lay seed, paint goal equipment, restore goal mouths and repair sprinklers.
- What should I bring? Work clothes, proper footwear and some work gloves will be all you need. Wear layers if it looks to be cool - sunscreen if the sun is baking. All other supplies and equipment will be provided by PPR.
- How long will it take? Our experience with these events tells us that we should be done in approximately 4 hours. This is a big park, but many hands make light work.
If you can't make this event, we are trying to put together something for mid-fall. We are also already hard at work planning next summer's events.