Friends and Supporters!
We are back into the parks again for our next event with a field restoration at Clinton Park. For this event we’ll be getting some volunteer help from our friends at Mt. Tabor Soccer Club. As in the past, PPR staff will be directing operations and lending a hand. We'll have the work completed and you well on your way to make it to the Whitecaps match at 6:00. Sound good? Details below.
- When is it? Saturday, August 25. Work begins at 8:30 a.m.
- Where is it? We’ll be at Clinton Park which is located at 55th Ave. & Woodward Street next to Franklin High School (map).
- How do I participate? You must sign up on our Eventbrite page (free). We can accomodate up to 50 participants for this event. As usual, you'll be asked to sign the City's liability waiver when you arrive. By volunteering, you also agree to OPI's liability waiver.
- What kind of work will we be doing? If you have been to one of our park events before, expect more of the same. We'll spread fresh soil to level out the ruts in the pitch, lay seed, paint goal equipment, restore goal mouths and repair sprinklers.
- What should I bring? Work clothes, proper footwear and some work gloves will be all you need. All other supplies and equipment will be provided by PPR. Don’t forget your sunscreen!
- How long will it take? Our experience with these events tells us that we should be done in approximately 4 hours. You'll be on your way by lunch time.
Looking forward to having some Timbers Army meet up with Mt. Tabor Soccer families and kids. Mt. Tabor Soccer Club has been a huge supporter of OPI and this is a pitch that they use for their youth programs. So let's get it tuned up for their fall season! If you can’t make this event, be sure to keep September 22 on your calendar and keep an eye on our blog for more information about other OPI events and activities.