Hello OPI Supporters!
Time again to support our City and the game we love with another OPI workday. We’ve got something a bit different this time and it should be lots of fun.
For this event we’ll be teaming up with our friends at Portland Parks and Recreation to prep and paint the City’s inventory of steel goal equipment. PPR has graciously offered to host a BBQ of hot dogs and burgers for volunteers. Also, recognizing that the Timbers have a 4:00 p.m. kickoff v FC Dallas, we’ll have early admission TA wristbands for volunteers. Sound good? Details below.
- When is it? Sunday, August 5. Work begins at 8:30 a.m.
- Where is it? We’ll be meeting at the PPR maintenance facility located at 6437 SE Division (map). There is plenty of parking and restrooms on site.
- How do I participate? You must sign up on our Eventbrite page (free). We can accomodate up to 50 participants for this event. We’ll have early admission wristbands for those who volunteer - you must be registered and in attendance to receive your wristband. One wristband per person! If your buddy needs a wristband, your buddy needs to volunteer! ou'll be asked to sign the City's liability waiver when you arrive. By volunteering, you also agree to OPI's liability waiver.
- What kind of work will we be doing? The City has approximately 100 goals at the facility. We’ll prep and paint as many as we can in the time allotted.
- What should I bring? You only need to bring clothes you don’t mind getting paint on. Work gloves (latex can be good when painting) might be a good idea. Also, a simple dust mask might make some of the work a bit easier. All other supplies and equipment will be provided by PPR. Don’t forget your sunscreen!
- How long will it take? The match vs. FC Dallas is at 4:00. Wristbands will be handed out around lunch. The wristband gate opens at 2:00 so folks with wristbands will want to finish up and head downtown between 12:00–12:30. We expect to have everything wrapped up by 1:00 or so.
Prep and paint is key to ensuring that this equipment enjoys a long life at the ends of our pitches so your help on this event is appreciated. If you can’t make this event, be sure to block out August 25 and September 22 on your calendar and keep an eye on our blog for more information about other OPI events and activities.