OPI is back for our second event of the season with repairs at Willamette Park. As in the past, PPR staff will be directing operations and lending a hand as we improve 2 pitches. We kick off promptly at 8:30 a.m. We'd love to have you out!
- When is it? Saturday, May 11. Work begins at 8:30 a.m. Arriving on time is especially important so we can make sure everyone gets the orientation provided by PPR.
- Where is it? We’ll be at Willamette Park which is located at about 7100 SW Macadam. You can access Willamette Park off Macadam from Nebraska, Nevada, Miles Place, and Beaver Ave.
- How do I participate? You must register on this Eventbrite page (free). We need 50 volunteers for this event. As usual, you'll be asked to sign the City's liability waiver when you arrive. By volunteering, you also agree to OPI's liability waiver.
- What kind of work will we be doing? If you have been to one of our park events before, expect more of the same. We'll do stuff like spread fresh soil to level out the ruts in the pitch, lay seed, paint goal equipment, restore goal mouths and repair sprinklers.
- What should I bring? Work clothes, proper footwear (you may spend some time on the business end of a shovel) and some work gloves will be all you need. Wear layers if it looks to be cool - sunscreen if the sun is baking. All other supplies and equipment will be provided by PPR.
- How long will it take? Our experience with these events tells us that we should be done in 3 - 4 hours. This is a big park, but many hands make light work.
If you can't make this event, keep an eye out for our other events this season which we hope to have June 22 and August 31. Thanks for volunteering!