OPI Work Day - Franklin High School
In cooperation with the Timbers Army and Portland Public Schools, OPI supporting repair efforts at two local high schools. These events are a little different than our usual park fix-ups, so be sure and check out the details below.
- Who is this for? This event is initially reserved for members of the Timbers Army Football Club to help them satisfy their volunteer service requirements. Franklin High School is being repaired by members of OGFC.
- When is it? Saturday, June 8 from 12:00 to 3:00 (immediately after the OGFC Gold match).
- How long will it take? Plan on about 3 hours.
- Where is it? Franklin High School is at 5405 SE Woodward St (map)
- How do I participate? Please sign up on this Eventbrite page (free). By volunteering, you also agree to OPI’s liability waiver.
- What should I bring? In addition to dressing properly for the weather and bringing your own water bottle, we’ll need some people to bring some equipment. We’ll be trimming back some overgrown vines and bushes so if you have some hand branch trimmers/clippers, please bring them. Ideally, we’d also like to have one or two gas powered or cordless edge trimmers as well.
Thanks so much for your help. If you can’t help out with this event, keep an eye on our blog for information about other volunteer opportunities.